The GCSE Dance Course is a 2 year course designed for candidates year 9 and above wishing to study dance in depth, expected to acquire experience of choreography, performance and dance appreciation.
£100 per term – a very competitive rate.
New course starts Sunday 17th September 2017
9.00 – 10.30 – Contemporary Class for GCSE students
10.30 – 12.00 – GCSE Dance Course
A 12 week term involving a minimum weekly 1 hour 30 mins practical and 1 hour 30 mins theory session (Sundays, 9.00 – 12.00)
- Additional sessions with visiting artists
- Video viewing of various dance companies in performance
- Theatre trips to live performances
- Students should also be taking a minimum of one other technique dance class per week, either at the centre or with another qualified dance teacher
Why should you study GCSE Dance?
- It promotes fitness, a healthy lifestyle, team work and creativity
- It helps to develop independent learning
- It develops an understanding of a range of dance styles
- It provides foundations for further studies in dance, such as A Level Dance or the Creative and Media Diploma
- It helps to build up confidence and self-esteem
for more information contact: Debbie Holme